The difference between a hard bounce and soft bounce is:
A hard bounce is a permanent reason an email cannot be delivered. Hard bounced email addresses will be excluded from emails sent via itracMarketer. Below are some general reasons why this could happen:
- The recipients email address does not exist.
- The domain name does not exist.
- The recipients email server has completely blocked delivery.
Soft bounces typically indicate a temporary delivery issue to an address. itracMarketer will continue to try to send to these email addresses. Below are some general reasons why this could happen:
- Mailbox is full.
- Recipient email server is down or offline.
- Email message is too large.